International Scientific Conference “Historical Arms and Armour in Museum and Private Collections”, October 24 – 26, 2017.
The Moscow Kremlin Museums (The Moscow Kremlin State Historical and Cultural Museum and Heritage Site) holds an international scientific conference ‘Historical weapons in museum and private collections’. The conference aims to exchange knowledge and information between researchers and discuss a wide range of topics concerning contemporary studies in the field of arms and armor.
The following topics will be included:
- Armory Chamber of the Moscow Kremlin as the center of arms and armor production
- Historical centers of arms and armor production, royal and state workshops in Russia, Western, Central and Eastern Europe and other countries
- Common problems in the history of arms and weapons
- The history of arms and armor production and its technologies
- Important collections of arms and armor and their history
- Armourers, bladesmiths and gunsmiths, historical owners of arms and armor and weapon collectors
- Archive sources and historical documents containing important information about weapons
- Latest attributions
- Arms and armor in the cultural context, their representation in visual arts and literature
- Contemporary law and collecting of the historical weapons: international experience and current situation in the Russian Federation